New software platform enables ‘CSI’ effect for crash, crime, and fire investigation
FARO® the world’s leading source for 3D measurement and imaging solutions for factory metrology, construction BIM/ CIM, product design, public safety forensics, and 3D solutions applications, announces the availability of the FARO Zone 3D software. This revolutionary platform, through its advanced smart tools is the first of its kind to enable investigators to move fluidly between 2D and 3D environments and enhance the quality of incident reconstruction analysis or presentations for public safety professionals.
FARO Zone 3D dramatically elevates the visual impact of presentations, including courtroom exhibits, by enabling accurate 2D and 3D scene diagrams, 3D scene walk-throughs, and full scene reconstruction animations.
FARO Zone 3D also enhances the ability of public safety professionals to plan for, and respond more effectively to, emergencies by creating accurate representations of real-world locations within local communities.
Key leading-edge functionality of FARO Zone 3D includes:
Advanced smart tools to drive a more confident result
- Precise diagramming and measurement tools.
- Blood spatter analysis tools.
- Bullet trajectory analysis tools.
- Dynamic momentum and skid crash analysis tools.
- Vehicle crush analysis tools.
- Accurate scene replication with more than 10 million 3D models included or imported from free, online sources.
- Accurate 2D and 3D animations and walk-throughs.
Enhanced flexibility to drive a faster result
- Easily draw and edit in 3D or in 2D, and see both views simultaneously.
- Explore ‘what if’ animation scenarios in real time with exact measurements taken from the scene.
- Quickly and simply import measurement data from other sources such as drones, satellite maps, or laser scanners.
- Import FARO laser scan data directly from FARO SCENE software.
- Backwards compatibility with FARO CAD Zone and ARAS applications.
“FARO is committed to delivering innovation that enables investigators to do their job faster, easier, and more effectively,” states Jeff Ruiz, Vice President Global Public Safety – Forensics Business Unit, “FARO Zone 3D is a major industry milestone that harnesses the power of 3D in a solution specifically developed for crime, crash, and fire investigators.”
FARO Zone 3D is currently available for ordering.