Features H.265 Compression, M2O™ (Mobile-to-Ocularis), and
Ocularis 5 Web Toast Notifications Enhance Performance
OnSSI announces the release of Ocularis version 5.4, the latest version to the company’s industry leading video management software (VMS) solution. This newest release further expands Ocularis’ ability to provide end users with a comprehensive yet easy-to-use video management platform that accommodates the latest industry trends and expands on-the-go coverage.
New to Ocularis 5.4 is support for H.265 compression for exceptional image quality with less data, and a reduction of video bandwidth usage and storage requirements. Additional features include installation improvements including increased SQL server flexibility; new view layouts in Ocularis Client; and expanded Ocularis 5 Web and Mobile features including M2O™ (Mobile-to-Ocularis) technology, alert handling, triggers, AVI exporting and Ocularis toast notifications.
“Ocularis continues to evolve with enhancements that fulfill users’ requests and address the latest technology trends impacting our industry,” said Ken LaMarca, VP of Sales & Marketing, OnSSI, “The bountiful enhancements of Ocularis 5.4 will help users achieve more customized and better results via the improved image quality, on-the-go video capture capability and operational refinements in this latest release.”
There are numerous enhancements available with Ocularis 5.4:
- Ocularis Recorder enhancements include: H.265 support for Hanwha Techwin, Hikvision and Interlogix high resolution cameras; multi-channel support for Hikvision encoders and IP cameras; Hikvision smart driver for full use of all camera features; two-way audio support for Axis cameras and devices; adjustable network timeout threshold for ONVIF Profile-S cameras to reduce false network alarm failures; and updated Ocularis program icons for quicker and easier app identification.
- Ocularis 5 Mobile enhancements include: M2O™ (Mobile-to-Ocularis) available for iOS (in addition to Android) to send video directly to Ocularis via cell phone or tablet to capture critical video as it happens from wherever you are; ‘one tap’ capture of JPEG images on Android or iOS devices for sharing of snapshots via SMS, chat apps, Skype, email and more; new trigger capability to move a PTZ camera, release a door, initiate an alarm or turn on lights; alert/ event badge counter now available for Android devices; and numerous advancements on how AVI files are processed, managed and stored.
- Ocularis 5 Web enhancements include: Audio and visual Ocularis toast notifications for events; events acknowledged from the Web Client even if the browser is minimized; ability to set priority level for audio and visual notifications individually; quick action triggers for individual and global cameras; and the sharing of AVI exports including audio via a direct link.
- Ocularis Client enhancements include: Notifications of new Ocularis Client version availability to users with admin rights; and the ability for Ocularis operators to self-update their own Clients; and three new view layouts including 2×3, 6x4x6, and 1 over 4.
- Ocularis Base and Administrator enhancements include: Increased SQL Server flexibility with system administrator rights no longer required for easier installations; simple deployment in more locations with fewer requirements; redesigned and streamlined log-in screens for Ocularis Administrator, Client and Event Proxy; a new ‘Settings’ tab in Administrator; and the ability to manage trigger rights in Ocularis Administrator to uniquely configure Operator profiles.
Ocularis is available in three models: Professional, designed for organizations operating multiple locations with small to mid-sized camera counts; Enterprise, built for a wide range of mid to large IT-centric organizations; and Ultimate, created for large organizations with extended command and control needs and recording server failover.