IDIS has launched the DirectIP Super Fisheye 5MP Compact camera (DC-Y6513RX), further extending its popular Super Fisheye range. IDIS fisheye cameras are some of IDIS’s best-selling models thanks to their exceptional, dual-side de-warping and smart UX Controls, allowing for smooth and intuitive panning, tracking, and zooming with award-winning ease and accuracy.
The introduction of the DC-Y6513RX reflects IDIS’s continued commitment to market responsive innovation and meets installer and end-user requests for a more compact 360° camera that can capture high-definition images in all lighting conditions without blind spots. It also lets customers benefit from heat mapping without the hassle and cost of additional appliances or analytics software.
A broad, high-specification camera in a compact form, the new Super Fisheye 5MP builds on the success of earlier IDIS’s Super Fisheye cameras, including the award-winning 12MP DC-Y3C14WRX. It meets industry demands for clear and accurate image capture, long-term performance and reliability, exceptional de-warping, and a low total cost of ownership.
“The new Super Fisheye 5MP Compact is a great new choice for wide area surveillance and is already contributing to successful project wins for our integration partners in retail applications, eating-out sectors, education, healthcare and other environments where customers benefit from cost-effective and simple to use analytics.
“Its high performance 360° capability means it can replace multiple fixed-lens cameras and provide complete and clear image capture in a variety of lighting conditions. For our integrator partners, IDIS’s value proposition, fast and seamless installations and performance guarantees have the potential to increase margins, while end-users benefit from savings in terms of lower upfront equipment and installation costs, with reduced maintenance expense and video storage burden,” said James Min, Managing Director, IDIS Europe.
- IDIS Smart UX Controls for very high accuracy and ease-of-use, with intuitive ‘rubber-band’ style control to deliver a new level of operator experience.
- Super smooth de-warping on the camera as well as on desktop applications and mobile devices for added convenience and out-of-hours monitoring.
- Quick controls allowing operators to use the CTRL button with a combination of left, right, and wheel mouse clicks for easier and faster investigations.
- Full protection against video loss thanks to built-in IDIS smart failover guaranteeing continued recording in the event of network instability, overload or failure.
- IDIS intelligent codec that delivers H.264/ H.265 dual codec performance and significant bandwidth and storage savings, while eliminating the need to upgrade hardware.
- Quick and simple installation with DirectIP NVRs and true plug-and-play functionality.
- Reduced potential for cybersecurity loopholes with one-click configuration eliminating the need to manage individual passwords for multiple devices.
- Heat-mapping to more easily identify hot-spots, dead zones and bottlenecks in retail and eating-out sectors.
- Intelligent video and event trigger functions including motion detection, active tampering and trip zones.
“The IDIS Super Fisheye 5MP Compact camera also scores highly on essential features including built-in LEDs for IR operation in full darkness (up to 15m), 8 zone privacy masking, true wide dynamic range, ONVIF support, built-in speakers and microphone allowing 2-way communications, and industry leading 5-year free warranty. All these factors come together to deliver a lower cost of ownership to our customers,” continued James Min.
IDIS offers an end-to-end, single sourced video offering that delivers unrivalled plug-and-play simplicity, combined with highest-quality performance, compatibility and a low total cost of ownership, and features industry-leading warranties.